This page brings back my professional experience to you.
I carry out gastric banding since 1999 and gastric bypasses since 2004, which enables me to observe the results over a long period and to study the behavior of the people at which this type of intervention is effective.
When you have a gastric banding or a bypass, modes should be stopped.
The modes were failures.
Worse, they worsened your obesity.
Most dangerous was the protein diet : you lost much weight thanks to this mode.
At the end of the mode, you took again all the weight lost,with in general, ten kilos moreover.
Result: a profit of important weight, without counting the price this mode cost you.
What it is necessary to do, it is to select your food, while avoiding most heating, and especially to eat less quickly.
The nutritionist will help you in this direction.
Be careful with quantity
If your weight does not undergo great variations, that means that your food answers the energetic requests for your body.
But your grease requires important energy contributions.
If you want to lose durably, it is necessary to decrease your food contributions, whatever the surgical technique.
Decrease the rations (to help you, decrease the size of your plate and your glass : use a dessert plate and small glass ).
You must privilege quality
Avoid to the maximum the hamburgers, which have all the defects : they are too heating, they give little satiety. Two hours after having eaten, you are again hungry.
Also avoid industrial soups, the prepared dishes : they are too rich in salts and various chemicals (emulsifying, etc…), which give consistency, but which does not carry any satiety.
Privilege quality and not quantity.
You must change your food practices
The ideal is to make 3 meals, and possibly 2 collations.
The breakfast is very important.
During the first consultation for obesitysurgery, I always make a interrogation on the food rhythm.
More half of the people do not have a breakfast, and nibble as from 10 a.m. (crescents, juice of orange, chocolate bars…), ieating without realizing it a impressing quantity of calories.
Stop nibbling completely.
If you continue to nibble with a ring, you will lose very little.
If you nibble with a bypass, you will lose at the beginning, the 3 to the first 6 months, then you will lose very little.
In the 2 cases, you will have taken an operational risk for a poor result, you will be in situation of failure.
How to eat
The first month
Split the food catches in 3 meals plus 2 collations, do not drink water during the meals, mix or crush ham, meat or fish in order to obtain a semi-fluid consistency or tender.
For example :
- Morning: coffee or tea, a dairy produce (natural yoghourt) and a toast.
- 10 AM : a half-compote with less possible sugar.
- Lunch: mixed ham 40g, 3 soup spoon of mixed green vegetables, small fruit juice glass.
- 4 PM : a soft white cheese, a toast.
- Dinner : une purée de pommes de terre, 20g de fromage, 60g de fruit écrasé.
After the first month
- Tea rather than of the coffee, plus a vegetal protein and an animal protein.
- Vegetal protein : Toast or cereal (corn flakes, rice crispies…)
- Animal protein : natural yoghourt rather than milk, or an egg.
First collation at 10 AM, non obligatory
- Crudenesses if possible
Simple crudeness rather that composed crudeness, with in seasoning of fresh the lemon juice, olive oil, fresh aromatics, onion, garlic…
- Animal protein
- Fish : privilege fatty fish mainly for cardiac problems, the regular fatty fish consumption reducing the cardiovascular risks of diseases. The ideal of the cooking of fish is with vapor 5 to 10 minutes, but also poached, roasted…
- Meat: (after a gastric banding, it is not rare that they do not pass well) favorise thin meat cuts.
- Poultries without skin.
- Degreased ham.
- Vegetables (if you are still hungry !)
Fresh green vegetables cooked with vapor.
- Compote or fresh fruit
Home made compote without sugar added cooked to minima
Or little sweetened sherbet.
With crudeness + animal protein ( fish), the lunch is completely balanced.
Second collation at 4 PM, non obligatory
A natural yoghourt
Or a fresh fruit juice.
It must be taken as soon as possible, ideally 3 hours before going to bed.
It must be poor, thin, using plant proteins rather than animal proteins, plant proteins being easier and more rapids to be digested.
- Crudenesses or green vegetable possibly soups (potato, carrots, turnip and other vegetable mixed…).
- Vegetal proteins
The ideal is the association of a dry vegetable and a complete or semi-complete cereal.
- Dry vegetables: lenses, broad beans, soya beans, flageolets…
- Céréals : rice, pastes, corn or bread.
- Compote or fruit
If you are always hungry, a home made compote without sugar added or a cooked fruit.